For this Discussion, you will post an explanation that defines the legal implications for standard of care, the key components of a malpractice policy in regard to a case study. Additionally you will explain the collaborative agreements and rules for your state in regard to your NP practice and the case study you select.
Case Study Three: Patient and professional relationships.
Jennifer, a 45 year old Caucasian returns to your clinic for a refill of her hydrocodone. She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer last year, followed by successful removal and treatment. All vital signs are stable and preventive care is up to date. She wants to discuss filing a lawsuit against the surgeon that initially turned her away and told her she had gastritis and needed to eat healthier.
- Review the following articles found in this week’s Learning Resources:
- Miller, K. P. (2013). The National Practitioner Data Bank: An Annual Update. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, (9)9, 576-580.
- Stelmach, E. I. (2015). Dismissal of the Noncompliant Patient: Is this What We Have Come to? The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 11(7), 723-725.
Post an explanation that addresses the following for the Case study you selected:
- Identify and briefly summarize the case study you selected
- Explain any legal implications for standard of care related to the case study you selected
- Identify and explain the key components of a malpractice policy related to the case study you selected
- Explain the collaborative agreements and knowledge the rules for your state in regards to NP practice the case study you selected
- Please answer all of the above questions in 250 words and 3 current resources( with in the last 5 years). APA format.